Paying tribute to Karunanidhi: Interesting facts about Tamil Nadu’s kalaignar
M.Karunanidhi fondly known as Kalaignar is no more but his contribution to Indian politics is significant. His journey as a politician is interesting as well as inspiring. He served as the chief of political party Here are the lesser known facts about Karunanidhi which you would like to Know.
1. He started his career as a screenwriter His first movies as a screenwriter was Rajakumaari which gained him huge popularity.
2. started his political career at the very young age of 14 years and served as a politician till his death.
3. He worked in the film industry as well as the politics altogether. He also served as the leader of the Dravidian Movement and this can be seen in his films.
4. He has also written many books which include Thirukkal Urai, Thenpandi Singham, Sanga Thamizh, Iniyavi Irubathu, vallikizhami, Romapuri Pandian and Kuraloviam.
5. He has been elected for MLA the record 12 times and served as the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu for Five times
6. His popularity can be seen by the fact that he held the record of not losing a single election.
7. He is also the founder of DMK’s official newspaper ‘Murooli’.
India has lost the one of great political personality, we pay tribute to him and pray for him. May his soul rest in peace