Happy Birthday Jennifer Aniston: Here's how the Friends star is redefining 50 with her career moves
Did you know Friends, the episodes of which we love binge-watching, still makes money by telecasting repeat episodes.
The beloved Rachel from the 90s, Jennfier Aniston, is celebrating the big 50 today. The actress who is popularly known for playing Rachel Green in the hit sitcom Friends brought in her birthday on Saturday night with a bunch of friends. As Jennifer turns 50, an age where many consider for actresses to slow down or let their career take a back seat., Jennifer has got more work than ever on her hands, reports suggest.
Th actress' personal and professional life has always made for sensational headlines in glossy entertainment magazines. Right from her divorce with Brad Pitt to her pregnancy rumours, Jennifer has seen it all. Jennifer rose to fame with Friends in 1994 and was one of the highest paid celebrities at the time. Even today the 'We're The Millers' actress' professional outings haven't taken a beating.
As per a telegraph UK report, Jennifer is enjoying what is set to be the most exciting period of her career. Apart from films, lucrative advertising deals have helped her to climb up to the third spot on Forbes’ 2018 list of highest-paid actresses. Now, the actress has teamed up with Reese Witherspoon to produce and star in a new drama series about the world of breakfast television, Top of the Morning, which was snapped up by Apple as its first scripted TV show after a fierce bidding war.
Well, that's not it. Jennifer, who walked into the Central Perk coffee house dressed as a runaway bride, is reportedly going to be earning USD 1.25 million per episode for the new show. Did you know Friends, the episodes of which we love binge-watching, still makes money by telecasting repeat episodes. Yes, as per the Telegraph report, the show is still so popular that the cast make around USD 20million each annually from repeats.
Well, fifty or not, Jennifer Aniston has surely not shown any signs of slowing down. And lucky us, that we get to see her doing what she does best: Acting.
On her birthday, we reveal 10 things you probably did not know about Jennifer Aniston:
1. Before making it big as Rachel in Friends, Aniston's film career began in the horror film Leprechaun (1993). The horror flick was a bad experience for her and actually made her consider giving up her acting career.
2. Jennifer's intial audition for Friends was not for Rachel's character. She had originally auditioned for the role of Monica Geller, but persuaded producers that she was better suited to play Rachel Green. She got the role after she was told by the producers to lose 30 pounds.
3. She developed a liking to drama at a young age of 11 while she attended the Waldorf educational school in New York.
4. When she was 11, one of Jennifer's paintings was placed in the prestigious Metropolitan Museum of Art.
5. Fan theories have always proved that Rachel and Ross have had the longest onscreen presence on Friends. Well, that's no surprise as she earned USD 1 million per episode.
6. Jennifer and her ex-husband Brad Pitt met on a blind date set up by their respective agents back in 1998.
7. Jennifer is the first woman to win the GQ Man of the Year award. She shared the award with 50 Cent and Vince Vaughn in November 2005.
8. She dislikes spicy foods also Greek, Chinese, and Indian food, but is very fond of Mexican food.
9. Courteney Cox aka Monica Geller is one of her closest friends. She is also the godmother to Courtney's daughter Coco Riley Arquette.
10. She began dating Justin Theroux in 2011 and the couple got engaged August 2012. Aniston and Theroux met while filming Wanderlust.